5.3.4 Clone a Project
The "Clone Project" feature in Onethread enables users to create a duplicate of an existing project.
This feature is beneficial when users want to repeat a similar project with similar tasks, deadlines, and team members.
For example, a user might want to clone a successful project and modify it for a different department or a similar project. This feature can save a significant amount of time and effort for the user as they don't have to create a new project from scratch. The cloned project will have the same details and settings as the original project, and the user can then make changes to the cloned project as needed.
- Users must have an account in Onethread.
- Users must be a part of a company.
- Users must be Super Admins/Admins to use this feature.
- Select a project from the Active Projects list of your company.
- Tick it. The Clone button will get activated.
- Click the button. A modal will open.
- Provide Project Name and revised new due date.
- Tick the Assignee, Label, Due date, and subtask to copy them to the new project.
- Click Create Project button.
- Project Teammates will be the same when you copy a project.
- If you want to, you can untick them. In that case, you must add an assignee, create a label, set a due date, and create subtasks in those tasks again.
- Time-saving: By cloning a project, users can save time and effort in setting up a new project from scratch.
- Consistency: Cloning a project ensures consistency by duplicating all the information, settings, and team members, avoiding the need to add or reconfigure these items manually.
- Flexibility: The cloning feature allows users to quickly create new projects based on previous ones. It will have all the previous information and tasks, making it easier for users to make any necessary changes and updates.
- You can't clone the task's dependencies under the project to the newly cloned project.
- You have to add dependencies to the new project's tasks manually.